Marine & Coastal
The successful delivery of marine design projects requires knowledge in a range of engineering disciplines including geotechnics, hydrodynamics, structural and civil engineering.
Associate Director Tim McHugh has worked for more than 10 years on the design of marine structures in both the nearshore port and coastal engineering industry and the offshore oil and gas industry.
Since Tim joined Langan Consulting Engineers, we have successfully delivered a number of marine related infrastructure projects, including coastal flooding and erosion assessment, coastal defense design, marine feasibility assessments, harbour design including design of quayside structures, breakwaters and dredging.
- Design of port and harbour infrastructure, including concrete and steel structural design and piled foundations design to Eurocode, BS6349, DNV and API
- Design of coastal infrastructure including piers, slipways and marinas
- Design of coastal protection infrastructure – rock armour, gabion baskets, breakwaters, groynes, marram grass, beach nourishment
- Coastal flooding, erosion assessment and remediation design
- Wave overtopping assessment
- Design of subsea structures and pipelines including subsea foundations and outfalls
- Design of dynamic offshore structures
- Marine feasibility studies
- Hydrographic and dive survey specification and management
- Marine geotechnical site investigation specification and
- Mooring analysis and design of berthing (fenders) and mooring furniture (bollards)
- Foreshore applications
- Frenchport Harbour, Belmullet, Co. Mayo, 2016
- Achill coastal erosion and flooding assessment, 2016
- Blacksod Harbour scheme design and feasibility study, Co. Mayo, 2017
- Belmullet tidal swimming pool refurbishment, Co. Mayo, 2017
- Ballyglass harbour scheme design and feasibility study, Co. Mayo, 2018