Location: Westport, Co. Mayo
Type of Position: Full-time
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree minimum
Experience required: Graduate
The candidates will have:
- A degree in Structural and/or Civil Engineering as a minimum; a masters qualification is advantageous.
- Some industry experience in Structural and/or Civil Engineering is advantageous.
- Structural Engineering experience in the design of concrete and steel frame buildings is advantageous.
- Civil Engineering experience in marine, flooding and/or drainage design is advantageous.
- Proficiency in IT and be competent using drafting software and engineering design software.
- Strong analytical and structural analysis understanding is advantageous.
- Good written English and report writing skills.
- Knowledge of BIM.
The role will generally involve:
- Working as part of multi-disciplinary project teams involved in the design, procurement and contract supervision of building and civil infrastructural projects.
- Analysis, design, specification and report writing.
- Working closely with site engineers and in-house drafting personnel.
- Engaging with clients and design teams for project delivery
- Occasional short-term travel in Ireland and the UK
- The ability to take guidance but be self-motivated.
- Strong work and team ethic.
- A willingness to learn and develop.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.