ENGINEERING CAD TECHNICIAN
Location: Westport, Co. Mayo
Type of Position: Full-time
Education Requirement: Relevant third level qualification
Experience required: Open
The candidates will have:
- A relevant third level qualification.
- Post-graduate training in drafting/ modelling software is advantageous.
- Knowledge of 3D models and dealing with 3D data is advantageous.
- Proficiency in IT and strong knowledge of drafting software.
- Some industry experience in Structural and/or Civil Engineering is advantageous.
- Detailing knowledge of concrete and steel frame buildings is advantageous.
- Detailing knowledge in civil infrastructure is advantageous.
- Knowledge of surveying and setting out systems (GPS, Total Station) is
- Analytical understanding is advantageous.
- Good written English and report writing skills.
- Knowledge of BIM.
The role will generally involve:
- Working as part of multi-disciplinary project teams involved in the design, procurement and contract supervision of building and civil infrastructural projects.
- Drafting of concrete, steel, timber for building related projects.
- Drafting of civil infrastructure including roads, drainage, marine structures.
- Working closely with engineers and other drafting personnel.
- Engaging with clients and design teams for project delivery
- Occasional short-term travel in Ireland and the UK
- The ability to take guidance but be self-motivated.
- Strong work and team ethic.
- A willingness to learn and develop.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.